Your students will enjoy these 90-minute interactive experiences that combine
garden exploration with hands on experiments and activities. Available throughout
Fee: $5 per student
Teachers are free; chaperones $5 each.
Programs do not include admission to My Big Backyard.
- Investigate our diverse garden flora and fauna to get an in-depth look at the
field of botany.
- Discover flower anatomy, make observations and hypotheses on pollination.
- Visualize the process of photosynthesis and unlock the pigments of plants.
- Learn plant reproduction and propagation methods.
- Understand monocots and dicots with a dissection and scavenger hunt.
Notable Tree Tour
- Journey through our Level IV Certified Arboretum to discover what makes
these trees so “notable."
- Learn interesting history and unique tree facts.
- Be guided through techniques they can use to identify our featured trees.
- Use a dichotomous key.
Water: The Wonders of the Wet World!
- Dive into a watery world with fun activities to “wet” students’ curiosity.
- Walk through the water cycle.
- Investigate pond ecology while dip netting.
- Understand the effects of water quality on aquatic life through a
macroinvertebrate limbo game.
- Create a pond souvenir.
Please complete the form below to request one of these programs.
form is a REQUEST only.
Once this request is submitted, our program
coordinator will email you a confirmation and request for deposit. Your field trip will be finalized upon
payment of deposit.
If you have questions, please contact: