The Memphis Botanic Garden welcomes proposals for high quality art exhibitions to be displayed on our gallery walls. Please keep in mind the mission of the Memphis Botanic Garden when submitting. “Memphis Botanic Garden strives to enhance lives by connecting people with plants, increasing awareness and appreciation of our environment.”
If you have an exhibition idea or collection that complements the Garden’s mission and that you would like us to consider please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org All documents must be in .doc or .pdf format, please.
- 3 digital images - .jpg and no larger than 1000 pixels on the widest side with an image list of titles and sizes. If your work varies in style, subject matter or medium, please include a sampling of everything you would want to exhibit - 2 images to represent each shift in style, medium or subject. If proposing a group show we need to see at least 2 works per each artist.
- Up to a one page summary of the exhibition. This would be a show statement (artist statement about the work: process, subject matter or concept) and general physical description about the art -medium, sizes, framing/no framing.
- A CV or resume and website link - please include this for each artist in a group show. ***See Below
- Curators of works not for sale (collections) please provide a preliminary budget, including sources of financial support.
Proposals are not accepted in person or over the phone.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- The Memphis Botanic Garden requires a commission of 40% of the gross sales for any works sold. MBG handles all sales
- There are a few months during the year where an event overlaps your show and the other party is paying to use a bit of wall space in the Visitors Center Gallery for a 3 day maximum period during your exhibition. When this happens, the gallery manager makes a map of your layout, removes the pieces, stores them in a safe place and rehangs them promptly after. You will always be notified if this is the case!
- Visitors Center Gallery consists of two halls: our West Gallery Hall and our East Gallery Hall. The space can exhibit a solo artist, two artists, or a group self-curated show.
- In the Visitors Center Gallery, we use cables that hang from a recessed track. It's very minimal and makes installation incredibly easy. Your work must be prepared with D-Ring hardware on the back - NO HANGING WIRE! All work will need two cables per piece which limits you to 23 pieces total. You are responsible for hanging your own show but please contact the Gallery Manager for specifics about preparing the hardware on your work to make it look its best hanging from the cables system.
Please send all inquiries to email@example.com . DO NOT CALL WITH SUBMISSIONS PLEASE.
We look forward to getting an email from you!